May 10, 2005

Metaphor

Metaphor, I was taught, means transfer in Greek. Metaphor, I understand, is what my life is, at the end of the day – a metaphor of smoldering desire to be rich and famous; a metaphor of perpetual struggle to fulfill my desire; a metaphor of despondent desperation at learning that it is not easy to find my way through the wayward jungle of this god-forsaken world to reach my dream castle where my fairytale princess awaits me with bated breath; a metaphor of hope against hopes that despite the hopeless today, tomorrow will hopefully be a better world to live in, at least for me if not for anybody else.

And I realize that the above is not only me, but everybody else as well. We are all alike in our duties to transfer through our lives the meaning of life to other people living. Just that our varying perspectives determine our different modes of transfer. The plurality of perspectives is what lends richness to the collective consciousness of humanity.

We have amidst us art connoisseurs, war enthusiasts, culinary experts, fearless adventurers, die-hard romantics, philosopher kings, prodigious scientists, tech gurus, eco-fin pundits, and many more. What I want to be is a bit of all of them. I want to revel in the joy of carrying simultaneously, the meaning of so many of life’s diverse perspectives. I want to be a mouthpiece for these seemingly uncorrelated and incoherent voices and attempt to not get lost in the Babel of these tongues. This, I want to make my raison d’être.

1 comment:

Ramses said...

hmm! hello there!
me got to ur blog thru bloglines:)
i figured u had bloglined my blog on o3...applesandwomen...and since u had a public profile in bloglines..made it easier to land here:)

newy am happy to see my blog blogliend:) but am not sure if uve commented on my blog:)

newy..thansk for blogloing:) and me will visit ur blog soon again and read he posts and cmt:)