November 03, 2004

Prisoner Of The Mind

I hate the world of pretentious ostentation. I want to be a child once again. I want to return to innocence. I want to experience the joy of not knowing, of not caring about right or wrong, of being able to cry at will and laugh without any rhyme or reason. I hate wearing make-up each day. I want to feel the wind on my bare skin. I want to feel its chill and curl up in response. I want to feel my heart beat faster and derive warmth from the heat of my own body. I want to sweat it out under the scorching heat of the burning sun and let the sweat evaporate off me ever so slowly. I hate wearing sunglasses. I want to see the world with the naked eye. I want to rejoice in the vibrancy of earth's many colors. I want to see the rainbow form, the sun set on the horizon each day and rise up above the mountains again. I want to forget that mind exists in order to rationalize the world around itself. I want to remember only that I am inherently programmed to act on instinct, to react on impulse.

But alas! I am a prisoner of the mind.

No comments: